Please tick to confirm the following are correct:
Due to the current situation relating to COVID-19 we are currently running this course online, please use our ‘online referral’ button or contact us on 0114 226 4380 if you would like to book a place.
What is it?
Overcoming Anxiety and Worry sessions are an opportunity for you to learn some helpful techniques to improve how you feel. These sessions are delivered by two NHS Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners who will help you learn techniques to overcome anxiety and worry. You will be able to download a free workbook to use throughout the sessions. The sessions often provide opportunities to meet others who may share similar feelings to you. This is not group therapy; you will not be asked to share your personal experiences with others.
IAPT is a service for adults and so if you are under 18 we recommend speaking to your GP about alternative options of help in your GP Practice.
What can I expect from these sessions?
There are a total of 4 sessions which are 1.5 hours long and run on a weekly basis with an option to book in for a 15 minute telephone review if you feel you need further support. If you are unable to attend the first session of your Improving Wellbeing Session, we recommend booking onto an alternative course as you will receive the most benefit from attending all 4 sessions.
We recommend booking only one wellbeing course at a time as some of the techniques may overlap. Our sessions work well with a minimum of 6 people booked on to them at the start of the sessions. In the rare circumstances a course would need to be cancelled, we would notify you immediately and support you in booking on the next available course.
What does each session involve?
Who is this suitable for?
- IAPT is a service for adults and so if you are under 18, we recommend speaking to your GP about alternative options of help in your GP practice
- IAPT is available for anyone who lives and/or works in Sheffield
- People experiencing common symptoms of anxiety, worry, panic
- Please let us know if you have any special requirements (e.g. hearing loop)
When and where?
The sessions are held online on a variety of different days and times for you to choose from. They are held at a number of local venues across Sheffield and online too! Please use the book now button to check your most convenient date and time.
If you have concerns about your mood and require more urgent help we recommend discussing this with your GP first before considering booking on to Improving Wellbeing Sessions.
Our next available sessions are scheduled as follows:
- Monday 7th June 2021, 10:00 – 11:30am
- Monday 21st June 2021, 14:00 – 15:30pm
- Tuesday 22nd June 2021, 10:00 – 11:30am
- Wednesday 30th June 2021, 16:30 – 18:00pm
- Friday 2nd July 2021, 10:00 – 11:30am
- Monday 12th July 2021, 10:00 – 11:30am
- Thursday 22nd July 2021, 17:30 – 19:00pm
- Monday 26th July 2021, 14:00 – 15:30pm
- Thursday 27th July 2021, 10:00 – 11:30am
How will this help?
Give you information to help with managing anxiety and worry
Teach you ways to use relaxation and breathing techniques to manage anxiety
Giving you the chance to practice your learning between each session.
Allow you to meet others in a similar position from a wide range of backgrounds
Help you to learn proven techniques so you can make changes to feel better